Classical 100: Win a Yamaha Clavinova for your school!
UPDATED FOR 2018!
Can your idea spark enthusiasm for music in classrooms across the UK?
Submit an idea for a musical challenge to support the music of Carl Orff’s ‘O Fortuna’ from Carmina Burana. The winner will get:
- A Yamaha Clavinova CLP-635R for their school
- Their school’s name referenced at the bottom of their challenge, which will be seen and used by thousands of primary schools across the UK
How can you enter your school?Complete an entry form by 5pm, 6 July 2018. We'll be in touch soon after to let you know the status of your entry once our judging panel has reviewed them all.
What are we looking for?
- Composing and creating
- Exploring instruments
- Musical understanding
- Performance using your voice
- Original: We’re looking for unusual and interesting ideas.
- Accessible: We’re looking for challenges that involve all the children in a primary school class, across ages and abilities. It must work in a primary school setting, and the challenge idea must be accessible enough to be delivered by a primary school teacher who might not be a specialist music teacher or have musical skills.
- Engaging: The challenge must work with the piece of music ‘O Fortuna’ from Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana. The outcome of the challenge needs to be musical, and it should spark curiosity about the piece.
- Scalable: We’re looking for an idea that can be completed in one 45-minute lesson but has the flexibility to be expanded across a number of lessons/weeks/terms.
By submitting an entry, you're agreeing to ABRSM's terms and conditions.
How we use your information
Join the thousands of schools already using Classical 100. Sign up now.