Have you considered becoming an examiner?
Are you looking for a freelance role that…
- Allows you to travel?
- Supports developing musicians?
- Complements your portfolio career?
Music examining could be for you!ABRSM is one of the largest employers of freelance musicians in the UK and we are always interested in hearing from people who are considering examining as part of their career.
Be part of a 700-strong community of musicians
- We currently have around 700 musicians working as examiners.
- All highly qualified and skilled in their own field.
- Individual experience is combined with the comprehensive and rigorous training we provide up front and through ongoing continuing professional development.
What we are looking for:
- UK-based musicians with a strong educational background.
- They have the personal experience, qualities and attributes to cope positively with the range of situations and people they will meet.
- Be used to working with children, be open to training.
- Be competent but not necessarily performing pianists.
- Be able to make at least one week of their time available each session (3 times a year).
Where will I travel? An enjoyable aspect of the role is travel: we keep examiners away from candidates they might know from their local area, so there is normally a reasonable amount of UK travel. But there is also international work. We operate in over 90 countries but our biggest international tours take place in Hong Kong, Malaysia, China and Singapore, often in groups with others.If you want to know more, get in touch.